Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Worst Part of August...

The worst part of having to go back to work in August is having to lug all of the things I "had to create" or "had to buy" over the summer when it is super hot outside. This weekend, I had a light bulb moment...normally I am bringing up shopping bag after shopping bag upstairs (I've always had a classroom upstairs) and I'm usually sweaty and gross by the time I get there. And, if you are like me, you won't want to work at all in your room once you are sweaty.

So, I decided to pack all of my stuff (posters and all!) in this:

That's right...I packed a suitcase. It is a genius idea! I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of it, and if I have seen it  before I have no idea where that was. However, I brought it home and am packing it again to bring back to school today. 

I seriously cannot believe that I didn't think I this in any of the past seven years! What is your trick to getting all of your stuff up to school?

2 comments:

  1. I just took a HUGE plastic tub up to school yesterday. Problem is, I unloaded it and then loaded it back for a project I still need to complete.
    Love the suitcase idea!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't have to pack up my school stuff since we home school, but we do bring our groceries for a household of eight to our 10th floor apartment in a big suitcase. My awesome husband lugs it up to the elevator for me. (Has to go up one flight of stairs at the entrance.)

    ReplyDelete